Open Enrollment 2012 (Plan Year 2013) UPDATES
OPEN ENROLLMENT 2012 (Plan Year 2013)
8:00 A.M. Monday October 29th to 5:00 P.M. Friday November 16th
To make changes and enroll in benefits:
- Log into LOUIE
- Click on Self Service >> Benefits >> Benefits Enrollment.
- Comprehensive 2013 Premium Rate Sheet for your reference.
- If you are satisfied with your current medical coverage, you do not need to re-enroll; your enrollment will continue into 2013. All medical premiums remain the same as last year.
- IF you wish to have dental insurance this year, you MUST enroll (or re-enroll) regardless of your current dental coverage (mandatory enrollment).
- No changes in vision insurance premiums.
- You must enroll in a flexible savings account (FSA) if you wish to use an FSA to pay for medical or dependent care expenses for 2013.
- If you plan to enroll dependents for the first time (children, spouse, etc.), be aware that you will be asked to provide documentation verifying their eligibility for coverage. More information on this will be forthcoming, and you should proceed with the enrollment process even if you have not received this information in advance.
Before submitting your online enrollment, you will be asked to acknowledge that you have been provided access to Summaries of Benefits & Coverage (SBCs) for our medical plans for 2013. Please review these materials as you make your selection for medical insurance.
- SBCs are a new mandate of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) which provide overviews of specific coverage information for each of your medical health plan choices. There is also a Glossary of Medical Terms & Coverage. Take a look!
Changes for 2013
Dental Plan Coverage Changes and Rates 2013 (2012 Rates for Comparison)
- There are now four coverage categories: employee-only, employee + child, employee + adult, and family.
- Rates have been reduced for all but the employee-only category, which has not changed.
- Delta Dental subscribers: There is a six-month waiting period for Major Restorative Class III services if the Delta Dental plan is not elected upon the initial enrollment opportunity. Class III services include: crowns, dentures, inlays, and orthodontia.
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Maximum amount you can pledge for a medical FSA will decrease from $5,000 to $2,500 (per employee) in 2013.
- The maximum amount you can pledge for a dependent-care FSA will remain at $5,000.
- New for 2013: NAU will cover the cost of the debit card that you can use to pay for your expenses!!
Health Savings Account (HSA) Contribution Limits for 2013
Health Savings Accounts (HSA) associated with High-Deductbile Health Plans (HDHPs) have a higher contribution maximum for 2013. If you'd like more information about this as a medical insurance option, go here.
- NAU Blue Cross / Blue Shield Coverage Changes for Home Health Care and Preventative Services
No other premium rate changes for 2013
More information about our various benefit offerings can be reviewed at hr.nau.edu/benefits.
Get assistance from our helpful staff by calling 928-523-2223, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.