Faculty and Administrator Openings
|Position: Chemistry & Biochemistry, Lecturer (Two Positions)|
|Vacancy Number: 600397|
|Department: Chemistry & Biochemistry|
|Status: Full-Time, Regular|
- Both lecturer positions are non-tenure eligible, academic-year appointments. They will begin on August 19, 2013 or when filled. Both positions are renewable pending satisfactory job performance, availability of funding, and program needs.
- Applications should send a current CV, a brief statement of teaching interests and philosophy, a cover letter addressing the job description and preferred qualifications, and three letters of recommendation to email@example.com. Address questions to Dr. Marin Robinson, Chair, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, PO Box 5698, Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, AZ 86011-5698, firstname.lastname@example.org, (928) 523-6295.
- Provide quality instruction in General Chemistry (CHM 130, CHM 151 and 152). Provide quality instruction in Organic Chemistry (CHM 235 and 238) and/or Fundamental Biochemistry (CHM 360).
- Oversee teaching assistants in three chemistry labs per semester, including one evening lab. Saturday labs are also possible.
- Attend faculty meetings and perform service duties as requested by the Chair.
- Earned PhD by August 2013 in chemistry or related discipline.
- One or more years of teaching experience at the college level.
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness.
- Ability to teach additional courses in chemistry.
- Experience working and interacting with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Northern Arizona University is a 25,000-student institution with its main campus in Flagstaff, a four-season community of about 65,000 at the base of the majestic San Francisco Peaks. NAU's emphasis on undergraduate education is enhanced by its graduate programs and research as well as distance learning. All faculty members are expected to promote student learning and help students achieve academic outcomes. The university is committed to a diverse and civil working and learning environment.
- The Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry has 20 faculty committed to excellence in teaching and research. The department currently has over 250 undergraduate majors and offers a number of Bachelor and Master of Science degrees in chemistry including two ACS certified degrees. An 80,000 square foot Laboratory Sciences Building was completed in 2008.
- Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification (in some cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a fingerprint background check. Additionally, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
- $42,000 to $50,000
- This position will be open until filled or closed. Review of applications will begin July 22, 2013.
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.