Faculty and Administrator Openings
|Position: Mathematics & Statistics; Instructor of Mathematics (Multiple Positions)|
|Vacancy Number: 600188|
|Department: Mathematics & Statistics|
|Status: Full-Time, Regular|
- This is a one-year, non-tenure-track position; there is a possibility of renewal contingent upon department need, individual performance and availability of funding.
- Send a letter of application, curriculum vitae (including a current e-mail address), statement of teaching philosophy, undergraduate and graduate transcripts, and teaching evaluations if available, and arrange to have three confidential letters of reference sent to: Mathematics Instructor Screening Committee, Department of Mathematics & Statistics, Box 5717, Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, AZ 86011-5717, or electronically to: Math-Stat-Positions@nau.edu. Please ensure that letters of reference address your teaching.
- Instructors teach lower division mathematics, mathematics education, and/or statistics courses up to 15 credit hours (usually four courses) per semester during the 2013-2014 academic year. Instructors participate in department and university service activities and engage in commensurate scholarship and/or professional development.
- Master's degree in mathematics, statistics, or mathematics education OR a Bachelor's degree in mathematics and a Master's degree in a related field.
- At least one year of experience teaching mathematics and / or statistics courses at the high school or college level.
- Applicant must be able to begin work, with all degrees completed, on the contract starting date of 19 August 2013.
- Evidence of high quality teaching.
- Strong academic record.
- The ability to teach a wide variety of lower-division courses.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Experience and / or commitment necessary to work with a diverse population.
- Abilities and experience that align well with department needs such as teaching hybrid courses or modular-based courses and collaborating on innovative teaching strategies.
- Northern Arizona University is a 25,000-student institution with its main campus in Flagstaff, a four-season community of about 65,000 at the base of the majestic San Francisco Peaks. NAU's emphasis on undergraduate education is enhanced by its graduate programs and research as well as distance learning. All faculty members are expected to promote student learning and help students achieve academic outcomes. The university is committed to a diverse and civil working and learning environment.
- The Department of Mathematics & Statistics has 31.5 permanent faculty and offers bachelor's and master's degrees with emphases in mathematics, mathematics education, statistics, and actuarial science. For more information about the Department visit http://www.math.nau.edu.
- Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification (in some cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a fingerprint background check. Additionally, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
- $35,000 per academic year.
- This positions will be open until filled or closed. Review of applications will begin on 25 March 2013.
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.