Northern Arizona University recognizes that competitive compensation is the cornerstone for recruiting, retaining, and motivating the type of employees needed to fulfill the University’s educational mission. To this end, the University’s compensation philosophy is to pay all categories of employees at competitive levels established by the external labor markets, considering both salary and benefits as a total compensation package.
- Establish pay levels for positions on the basis of their external competitiveness with relevant labor markets and their relative internal value;
- Regularly reward employees on the basis of work performance;
- Administer pay equitably and consistently;
- Establish compensation policy that is consistent with the judicious expenditure of funds entrusted by the University;
- Maximize the effectiveness of compensation funding based on recruiting, retention, and employee motivational outcomes;
- Ensure accountability for compliance with the Arizona Board of Regents Rules and Regulations and statutory requirements.