Payroll Information for Exiting Employees
Your Final Paycheck
If you are currently being paid through direct deposit, your final check will also be a direct deposit to your bank account.
- If you have closed your bank account, inactivate your direct deposit through Employee Self Service (see directions at the bottom of this page).
- If you have a new bank or bank account you may update your information through Employee Self Service (see directions at the bottom of this page).
If you are currently being paid by check, with a check mailed to your permanent address, your final check will also be mailed to your home address.
- If you are moving and know what your new address will be you may correct your address through Employee Self Service (see directions at the bottom of this page).
If you are entitled to vacation pay out, it will be included on your final check.
- To expedite the payment of vacation hours on the final check turn in all outstanding ROAs and Timesheets so that the correct vacation pay out can be calculated. If this paperwork is not received in time, the vacation pay out may be on the next regular pay day.
- If you are currently being paid through direct deposit, your final check will also be a direct deposit to your bank account.
Final Pay Day
- Your final paycheck will be paid on the next regular payday according to the payroll schedule.
View Pay Checks
- Your paycheck history will be visible through Employee Self Service (see directions at the bottom of this page). If you are unable to view your paychecks contact the solution center at (928) 523-1511 for help with updating your password.
- For unlimited access to your W-2 from February until October, sign up for Electronic Delivery of your form W-2. This is the safe and secure way to have your W-2 whenever you need it.
On or before the last pay day of the year (this would mean before the final pay day in December) you can print your check and have a representation of your W-2.
- Only the most current pay check carries year-to-date totals.
Questions about your final check?
- Questions for your supervisor or department – they will research and then send the appropriate forms to Human Resources for correction:
Questions for your payroll specialist - you can locate your payroll specialist at Contact page.
- Pay check was mailed to the correct address (as viewed in Paycheck Data in Louie) and has not yet been received for ten (10) days.
You can access Employee Self Service by linking to www.peoplesoft.nau.edu and logging into Louie. From the MyNAU Portal you can view it through https://my.nau.edu, click on the LOUIE link. On the self service page make the appropriate selection.