Medical (General Health) Insurance (Including HSAs)
Benefit-eligible employees may choose between the NAU-only Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona (BCBS) and the plans available through the Arizona Department of Administration (ADOA) Benefit Options Program.
Currently, the State of Arizona and NAU subsidize the health insurance monthly premium for employees.
When choosing a health insurance plan, your personal needs should be considered such as covered benefits, provider availability, and out-of-pocket expenses.
For even more details on these plans, please contact the vendors directly. Contact information can be found by clicking below:
PLAN DESCRIPTIONS: Additional NAU BCBS and AzBO plan information can be found below:
- BCBS Plan Book (2012-2013)
- Other State Health Plan Information (2013 Information)
Opting for a Health Savings Account (HSA) instead of Traditional Health Insurance
- General Info: What is an HSA and how is it tied to a "high-deductible health plan" (HDHP)?
- How it Works in Arizona: Arizona Department of Administration (ADOA) HSA Web Page
- Does the HSA Option member have to pay a deductible?
There is no deductible for preventative services/prescriptions.For non-preventative services/prescriptions, the HSA Option member must satisfy the deductible ($1,250 single/$2,500 family in-network; $2,500 single/$4,800 family out-of-network) before the health plan will start covering expenses.
- The State contributes to the member's health savings account?
The State makes monthly contributions to the member’s HSA: $42 (single) or $83 (family). This money can be used to pay all or some of the deductible, copays, and other qualifying expenses.
- HSA Contribution and Deductible Limits for 2013
- Copy of the state's full HSA Plan
- Information on the differences between HSAs (Health Savings Accounts) and FSAs (Flexible Savings Accounts), click here.
IMPORTANT notice for those who are or will become eligible for Medicare coverage within the next 12 months (Notice of Creditable Prescription Drug Coverage)
- A notice about the choice to delay enrollment in Medicare prescription coverage if you wish, without penalty.
To enroll in your benefits once your eligibility has been established, go to
- https://www.peoplesoft.nau.edu, and log in
- Follow the links on the left side from Self-Service -> Benefits -> Benefits Enrollment