||Planned Maintenance Supervisor
||To be determined
|Purpose of Classification
||This position is currently not used at NAU, but exists within the Classified Staff system. For FLSA status and grade determination please contact your HR Analyst.
Supervises planned maintenance on building mechanical equipment systems such as elevators and heating, ventilating and/or air conditioning (HVAC) equipment.
|Example of Duties
- Monitors the activities of subordinates.
- Monitors planned maintenance on heating, ventilating and/or air conditioning systems.
- Monitors general building maintenance and the use and acquisition of materials.
- Monitors repair and planned maintenance on elevators.
- Develops measures to improve methods, equipment performance and quality of work.
- Ensures budgetary guidelines are met; prioritizes expenditures to stay within budget; assists in the preparation of capital and operations budgets.
- Interprets policies to assigned personnel and enforces safety regulations and adherence to proper codes and standards.
- Prepares and negotiates maintenance contracts between Physical Resources and other departments on campus.
- Monitors and manages progress of in-house contracts and reviews outside vendor contracts.
- Makes material and labor estimates.
- Plans and develops work schedules, equipment usage schedules and procedures for equipment maintenance.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment and materials common to the trade.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of supervision.
- Knowledge of planned maintenance principles, practices and techniques.
- Skill in applying planned maintenance principles, practices and techniques.
- Skill in estimating time and materials required for assignment.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
The ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Eight years of experience in heating, ventilating and/or air conditioning mechanics, elevator mechanics or building maintenance mechanics which includes one year of lead experience; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.